Last Modified April 11, 2023
Southwest Safety & Supply ("Company" or "We" or "Southwest") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number;
- Credit/debit card or other payment method information;
- Date of birth;
- E-mail address or;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details ("Personal Information").
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us: The information we collect may include, among other things:
- Information that you provide when establishing an account with us, placing an order on our Website;
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us;
- Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information before placing an order with us;
- Information regarding your participation in a rebate or warranty program offered by us or a third party;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Information that you provide when you communicate with any or our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax. In addition, when you communicate through the telephone, we may record audio of the conversations for quality control, training, security and analytics purposes.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, or used by such persons without your consent.
Email Newsletter Subscriptions: With your consent, we may send you our email newsletter, unless you opt-out of receiving such communications. Your welcome email will also alert you if someone else has entered your email address into our email newsletter subscription list. In order to make our email newsletters more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email message from us.
Game Promotions: From time to time, we may run game promotions such as sweepstakes, contests of other promotions (collectively, "game promotions"). When you enter a game promotion you may consent to also receive email or other communications from us. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that site. Your opt-out status will not affect your participation or chances to win in the game promotion. During the applicable game promotion period, however, you may nevertheless receive emails which we deem are related to the game promotion.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies: As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of "Web Beacons" on pages of our Website and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Third Party Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties
OUR USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use or disclose information, including any Personal Information, we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- improve your experience on our Website;
- provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, terms and conditions and/or arrangements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide trough it;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Website, and to tailor our Website to your interests;
- generate personas, personal preferences, market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; or
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS
- To Service Providers: We may employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to, or on behalf of, us such as fulfilling orders, delivering shipments, sending postal mail or e-mail, analyzing customer lists and data, processing rebates transactions, providing warranty services, or performing marketing or consulting services. These third parties ("Service Providers") may be given access to your Personal Information needed to perform these services, but will not be permitted to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To Credit Card Companies: If you place an order, the Personal Information you provide is transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase. At certain times we may offer financing options with or without third party participation. If you use a financing option, information provided by you (such as your address, birth date, social security number, and credit card number) may be used to request a credit report from third parties or may be sent to a third party for processing.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners: From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other third parties whom we believe are trustworthy. In such cases with your consent we might license, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including your name, postal mailing address, telephone number or email address that will enable such third parties to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To Related Companies: We may share your postal and e-mail address, telephone number(s), customer preferences, and purchase history with other subsidiaries and affiliates of our parent company, Systemax Inc.
- To Shippers: We may share your information, such as your name, telephone number and shipping information, to third party shippers (such as Purolator) to deliver your product(s). There also may be instances in which we drop-ship orders directly to you from one of our manufacturers or suppliers. These drop-shippers are given your information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order.
We may also disclose your information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- With your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Transaction-Level Data: If you visit the Site from a third-party website, the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Site. Any transactions made at the Site while such a code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report non-Personal Information to these websites such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you.
Links to Third Party Site: Our Site, sites we operate, and unaffiliated sites, display interest-based advertising and contain certain links to third party websites, such as our vendors’ websites and links to other websites intended to facilitate our customers’ shopping experience, such as Google Translate. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Catalog Requests: When you request a catalog from us, we may share your name and postal address with a third party fulfillment company for the purpose of sending you the requested catalog.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Aggregate Information: We provide aggregate information to some of our business partners. This information is used in a collective manner and does not identify you individually in any way. We collect and share aggregate information in order to know more about the general profile of our customers so we can improve your shopping experience. We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites referred them to the Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Site and the user experience. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Site, but does not collect your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as an unique user the next time you visit the Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to the Site by disabling cookies on your browser.